Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Monday, April 28, 2008
Here is another card featuring dry embossing. Many of you have asked how to do this technique.
I will be sure to design a card at the next camp using this technique. But until then here are some quick instructions:
1. Secure the Classy Brass template to a light source, such as a light table or a window, with a piece of tape.
2. Rub waxed paper on the surface of the card stock so that the stylus will glide more smoothly and to help prevent tears in your paper.
3. Place the paper or card stock over the template, positioning it so that you'll have the image where you want it. For a raised image on the front of the card, place the paper face down.
4. Using the large end of the stylus tool, press the paper through the open areas of the templates. This produces a raised image.
5. If you want to color the raised image, reposition the brass template over the image on the front side of the card stock. It will act as a mask to protect the flat surfaces around the embossed image. Apply color with a small sponge using Stampin' Pads or Stampin' Pastels.
1. Make sure to use the small end of the stylus to emboss small areas or patterns of the design.
2. If you do not have a light source available use the blind embossing technique. Secure your template to the card stock and feel where the image is and then press the large end of the styles over the image you wish to emboss.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
I finally took the blogging plunge. I will be posting some of the cards and scrapbook pages I have been working on here.
In the future you will find my card camp dates at this site. I will also be posting any Stampin' Up! specials here. So please kick of your shoes get some coffee or tea and enjoy!